[QuadList] [Fwd: Image and reproduction rights request - TELEFÓNICA FOUNDATION, Spain]

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 9 08:17:58 CST 2012

		On Feb 9, 2012, at 7:11 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Is this an Ampex in-house photo?
 > If so, she needs to ask Ampex for appropriate permissions:
publication and display, if used in the museum.
 > Start with the PR department if Ampex has one.

		I think:

	As I recall, the photo was taken at the Chicago NAB in April 1956,
not long after the team had thrilled the audience with a demo of their
accomplishment.  They had recorded one of the members as he spoke (I
think it was Charles Ginsburg, not sure).  As he continued to speak, a
part of his taped presentation was rewound, then played back on the TV
monitors located throughout the auditorium.  After a moment (once they
realized what they were seeing), the crowd erupted in applause.
	The photo shows the actual machine they'd used in that demonstration.

					     NBC Today Show, New York