[QuadList] Today's 60th Anniversary--Happy B-Day Today and a few others

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 12 18:39:13 CST 2012

		On Jan 12, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Ted Langdell wrote:

 > Happy Birthday!
 > Wow.  That's the date I was born a few years later.

		I say:

	Ted, are you saying I'm older than you?  Double-wow.  When Today
premiered, I was more than a year old.
	Happy (younger) birthday, Ted.

		Ted also sed:

 > January 14 is also the air-date for NBC's 1960 broadcast of the
Tennesee Ernie Ford show's "HMS Pinafore" which I would suspect was
also recorded on Quad and edited for air.
 > Maybe David Crosthwait can tell us more... IE, Burbank or NYC, RCA
Labs or Low Band Color, etc.

		I offer:

	BTW, it was recently announced that NBC News' Burbank Bureau, KNBC,
KVEA, and Telemundo will be relocating from Burbank to the Universal
Studios lot into an existing building to be renovated for their use,
the former Technicolor Building:  <http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nbcuniversal-broadcast-center-278091
 >.  This means that NBC Burbank will become strictly a production
center, possibly with the continuing operation of the backup West
Coast BOC.  Since the start of the year, The Tonight Show with Jay
Leno has ended each show with the disclaimer "Produced at the Burbank
Studios, a property of Worthe Real Estate Group".	<http://www.mdpa.com/#/projects/burbankstudios

	The Tonight Show will be produced at The Burbank Studios until at
least 2018.

					     NBC Today Show, New York