[QuadList] ot Help with a Betamax Circuit Diagram

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 13 06:11:39 CST 2012

		On Jan 13, 2012, at 4:54 AM, David Dean wrote:

 >Whilst everybody is talking about Circuit diagrams I would be
grateful for any help with a Sony Betamax SLO 420, The machine will
not load a cssette, if you wind the cassette compartment by hand it
will then load and play. I have checked the compartment  and that is
seeing the cassette but it is not loading it. The fault appears to be
on the SS10 board, but all I can see it do is go into a big square
chip and a little sub board !
 > Funilly enough it will eject the tape !
 > Thanks for the bandwith

		I offer:

	David, before you get too deep into circuitry, I'd suggest you check
all mechanical trouble spots first.  Most of these problems are caused
by bad microswitches, little actuators, or sensors that tell the
electronics what state the mechanical parts are in.  Often, these
sensing devices fail or get out of alignment, preventing the cassette
tray from loading, for example.  I'll bet that there is a microswitch
inside that should be actuated when a cassette is loaded.  My guess is
that this microswitch is not working properly.  A tipoff is that you
indicated that the machine will correctly eject the cassette.
	Though electronics can fail, it is not first on the troubleshooting
list.

					     NBC Today Show, New York