[QuadList] Grass Valley

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Jul 8 10:39:28 CDT 2012

GVG flew me to Reno where my salesman and I took the company jet to the Valley. Nice way to travel.

I was in the market for a switcher and went to see the 4000. I ended up buying a BTS since the 4k wasn't quite ready. During the demo at GVG, the switcher would change crosspoints on its own and the chroma keyer wasn't good enough. Other parts of the switcher didn't work yet.

I was asked to give some input about their new dual screen editor to replace the SuperEdit controllers. The version 1 of the software unfortunately didn't match the capabilities of the current shipping product. Version 2 would and also had some nice new features. So I bought an Axial with disk drives. Amazing editor, the finest ever built, IMHO.

The dual screen editor never shipped. Rome would have all the facts on it.

They were stuffing their own boards back then. The electronics rack for the 4k was six feet tall. The one for the BTS was half that size.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747