[QuadList] Grass Valley

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Sun Jul 8 22:36:45 CDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-07-08 at 08:39 -0700, C. Park Seward wrote:
> GVG flew me to Reno where my salesman and I took the company jet to
> the Valley. Nice way to travel.
>

> I was in the market for a switcher and went to see the 4000. I ended
> up buying a BTS since the 4k wasn't quite ready. During the demo at
> GVG, the switcher would change crosspoints on its own and the chroma
> keyer wasn't good enough. Other parts of the switcher didn't work yet.

The chroma keyer is still 'behind the times', compared to other
manufacturers. That is why we went with a Snell Kahuna. Still, everyone
(except me) liked the reputation of Grass Valley so much that it came in
second, even though the offering by Sony was superior (to the GV) in
almost every way.

Tim Stoffel