[QuadList] Grass Valley

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Jul 9 08:05:31 CDT 2012

If I remember correctly, was the program for the Profile based on something
 out of England that did all sorts of station and newsroom automation?  We
never sold any in the Chicago Region that I remember.

The Chroma Keyers in the digital switchers was licensed and when did a
beautiful job.  I saw a test that a Post House did in the Chicago area and
they showed me the tapes of all the Chroma Keyers from all the switchers.   GVG
beat them all and we sold a 1000 for that use.

A couple of things that are worth mentioning.  The PC board  manufacturing
was out sourced due to EPA concerns.  The cost to upgrade the  waste
treatment facilities was not worth the investment.  At least that was  the official
line.

The metal area was interesting to watch.  It was a big noise  maker.  I
remember on the tour that they told us the press came from  Finland.

Out sourcing had been done for a number of products.  The module  products
such as DA's and converters had been out sourced for years.   Unfortunately
I can not remember the product manger's name for modular.   Super nice guy.
Long since retired.

We lost so many sales due to the fact that we could not deliver modular
products in the late 90's.  Once the trays were installed from another
manufacture, the future sales were lost for good.  That was one  of the reasons
for the out of house manufacturing.  Not being able to  deliver and wanting to
keep future sales.

Lastly, I the plane was a twin engine Cessna that was based at the Grass
valley Airport.  A Cessna 414?  Anyone know the exact model?

Chris Hill