[QuadList] Visible effects of magnetized tape path elements

Gary Adams garyada at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 25 17:02:46 CDT 2012

Warning, do not do this at home!  We used to test and set the drop out
compensators by lightly touching a magnetized greeine against the tape at
the roller prior to the headwheel.  You will see a magnetized pattern then.
It required a strong setting but for those that wanted that it did a pretty
good job.  Now, I would "NOT RECOMMEND" doing this any more since it does
damage tape and the greenie.   We did this then because we had plenty of
junk tape for testing.  Times were different then.

Gary