[QuadList] OT--Colorado Springs Fires/Florida flooding--Update re: QuadList member(s) there--

Langdell Ted ted at flashscan8.us
Thu Jun 28 13:34:40 CDT 2012

As many of you have been seeing reports about the major fires in and near Colorado Springs, Colorado, where 35,000 people have been forced to evacuate.

I thought it wise to check on QuadList member Tony Korte and his head rebuilding company, VideoMagnetics.

The VideoMagnetics office is open and answering the phone and e-mail.

The quick word I got from Jane at VideoMagnetics is that the company location on the southeastern side of Colorado Springs is quite safe, a good distance from the fires on the northwestern side of the urban area.

However, Tony and family had to evacuate from their home, and Tony is currently staying at her family's home.

A number of other VideoMagnetics families may also be affected, but we're hoping to hear from Tony by phone or e-mail.

Good thoughts, prayers, psychic energy and a few Quad Heads sent in their direction would be helpful.

Meantime, here are links to various news sources:

CITY news conference streaming now (11:13am California time)
http://www.peakinter.net/citystream.html

KOAA-TV
http://www.koaa.com/home/

Google search for news about the fires
https://news.google.com/news/story?q=Colorado+Springs+fires&hl=en&safe=off&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvnsu&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1035&bih=764&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ncl=dC9NF7U5WeVx5NMVA-miR05tblaBM&sa=X&ei=3J3sT77EJIei2wW8y5XeAQ&ved=0CEMQqgIwBA

We'll keep you posted from time to time--or perhaps Tony will pop on and provide more details.

Hope none of our Northern Florida members are in trouble because of Tropical Storm Debby.

So much rain fell—18 inches in some places—that Florida's drought has been turned into a flood of water.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-06-28/news/os-debby-drought-busting-rain-20120628_1_tropical-storm-debby-national-drought-mitigation-center-state-climatologist-david-zierden

Here's a National Geographic story with map:
http://newswatch.nationalgeographic.com/2012/06/26/debbys-downpour-drenching-florida/

Now, if QuadList member Rob Mobley in the Orlando area could find a way to pipe the water to Colorado Springs...

Florida QuadList members: How are you doing?  ( Please change subject to "Florida Flooding--Update from member)