[QuadList] [Qualist] Sound in Sync

David Dean dixie at westpoint.tv
Thu Jun 28 03:57:44 CDT 2012

Hi

As I remember it Sound in Syncs was used as a Distribution system and was not used for recording to Tape, there may have been some experiments with it, but think of doing an audio or video insert (no Preread or Frame Stores). The UK did have Stereo SIS which in effect created 4 Digital levels in the sync but this all goes back to early logic. They also used SIS on contribution circuits from OBs or the Regions. I seem to remeber BBC Reaserch Department licensed the system to Philips - Pye TVT.  A great way to get the sound a free ride with the picture keeping it in sync.

My 2 pennies

David Dean
Westpoint Television
Archiving Services
2" Quad , 1" B, 1"C, D1, D2, D3, D5, HDCam and HDV
.5", EIAJ, In Various Standards where supported
Alchemist Ph.C conversions with Clean Cut
Snell and Wilcox Ukon for HD frame rate conversions and Up and Down conversions
Digital Vision DVNR with scratch  and dropout concealment
Tel 020 8742 3400