[QuadList] Ampex Quad VTR Airflow Requirements

L.E. Odham leodham at centurylink.net
Sat Jun 2 12:52:43 CDT 2012

Hello Don,

Attached is a manual page from a RCA TR-60 describing the vacuum arrangement.

When the machine is in standby or winding the gauge reads 100 in/h2o and when in play or rec modes it drops to 35in.(Ibelieve I said 40, but it is actually 35in.)

I dont know when RCA instituted this vacuum switching arrangement or how many models it was on, but it is  on the 60 here, and it was on a 61 at work years ago.

I will look around thru some more RCA manuals here. You have gotten my curiou sity up a little now as well.

Larry

LE Odham

Engr/Tech

TAMIS Archive