[QuadList] Ampex Quad VTR Airflow Requirements

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 2 18:15:05 CDT 2012

		On Jun 2, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Don Norwood wrote:

 > Very interesting what you said about the RCA machines increasing
the guide vacuum during wind.  I didn't know that.  Most of my RCA
experience was TRT-1B and a little TR-22.  After that, almost all
Ampex except for a few minor encounters.

		I offer:

	I remember RCA machines had a habit of 'zinging' during REW/FF (tape
touching the spinning heads).  By increasing the guide vacuum, this
could be minimized.  I don't recall Ampex VTRs ever 'zinging', however.

					     NBC Today Show, New York