[QuadList] What Would a Newly Designed Quad VTR Do and Have? Reply by 6/15/2012- (Was Ampex Quad VTR Airflow Requirements)

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Mon Jun 4 10:12:32 CDT 2012

Mark Sanders from Ampex gave a talk at an NAB convention about using a stationary head for a Type "C" VTR. They would move the magnetism up and down, following the tape track as they scanned. It was a great idea since you could make the scanner much simpler and longer lasting.

I don't know how well it worked. Maybe Bill Carpenter has heard of the experiments.

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747