[QuadList] What Would a Newly Designed Quad VTR Do and Have? Reply by 6/15/2012- (Was Ampex Quad VTR Airflow Requirements)

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Jun 3 13:04:30 CDT 2012

On Jun 2, 2012, at 1:20 PM, Don Norwood wrote:

> I can remember some spirited debates back "in the day" over the virtues of one machine or another.  I always thought that both RCA and Ampex had their strong and weak points, and taking the best of both would have made an interesting machine.  To some extent, that's what happened in the later models.

There is sometimes talk about building a "New" Quad VTR.

What would the end user want to have the machine do, particularly as mass migration and metadata collection about tape condition and content become more "foreground" in content preservation efforts.

What "wish list" items would modern technology enable?

Fill in here.  We'll tabulate the results and post to the list.

Operational Attributes:

Electronic Design Attributes:

Physical Attributes:

Other Attributes:

ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Secretary for the  QuadVideotapeGroup.com:
Preserving Tape, Equipment and the Knowledge to use them, in conjunction with the Library of Congress