[QuadList] What Would a Newly Designed Quad VTR Do and Have? Reply by 6/15/2012- (Was Ampex Quad VTR Airflow Requirements)

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Sun Jun 3 19:11:45 CDT 2012

I have seen laser techniques reading phonograph records but nothing like that for magnetic tape including audio.

How would you untangle the magnetic response of one head reading multiple scans at the same time? And at what speed? If you ran the machine at 15 ips and tried to read the tracks, wouldn't the frequency of the RF tracks be too low?

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747