[QuadList] Seconds to Play: 2" quad playback and more.

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Fri Jun 8 13:19:01 CDT 2012

Ed,

It was typical on larger remotes (A games) such as this to have a production truck, a tape track, a chyron truck, and whatever else that was needed. On big shows, such as the Emmy awards, completely seperate audio trucks also were brought in, such as Wally Heider back in the day. Smaller VTR's, smaller CCU's, and expandable side trucks today can accommodate more people and more gear than in 1976. In the 35 years I've been out here, working big and small remote projects, one thing is in common year to year: Whatever is needed is brought in to get the job done right.

That film was made in 1976 or so. I recall it being a rental at the Dallas Library and that it also aired on PBS affiliates. IIRC, it was shot on 16. Yes, it would be nice to have it preserved on HD eventually

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
Archived Media Transfer and Re-mastering Services
Offices located at:
177 West Magnolia Blvd.
Burbank, CA. 91502
818-563-1073