[QuadList] OT: Chiron III (Was: Seconds to Play: 2" quad playback and more.)

Scott Thomas scottgfx at mac.com
Sun Jun 10 16:18:24 CDT 2012

Chiron III it is! Interesting that the name of the company wasn't Chiron or even Chyron up to that point.

Found this info at: http://www.answers.com/topic/chyron-corporation

All of that capability came at a cost too dear for many small market TV stations, and so a spin-off of a project for NBC became the Chiron III (later IIIB); a less capable system that was adequate for many TV news departments was developed and sold. It became the first mobile graphics systems of ABC Sports under Roone Arledge. It was he who pushed the increased use of graphics in sports to what it is today; a significant portion of live sports entertainment. The III's success provided the impetus for the Chyron IV, which was a modernized and reduced package size Chyron II, suitable for mobile use. It quickly replaced the Chyron IIIs as the dominant sports graphics system.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/chyron-corporation#ixzz1xQXs5FJu