[QuadList] Audio and Time Code Quiz of the week

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 07:58:18 CST 2012

The RA-4000 discussion last week got me thinking about the recording of
SMPTE time code.

So here are a couple of questions and we will see who comes up with the
correct answers.

What is the record level as shown on the audio meter for SMPTE time code
and why?

The AVR series dealt with time code in a straightforward manner.  Why  did
the VR series of machines have to be modified?  List more than one  reason.

What was the VR Modification provided by AMPEX?  Bonus points if you  can
tell me what kit it came with.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN