[QuadList] Ampex RA-4000 Re-post

Chill315 at aol.com Chill315 at aol.com
Fri Mar 2 09:43:57 CST 2012

I had a RA-4000 and it is a great editor.  It only plugs into an AVR-1  and
ACR-25.  There were interfaces required for the VR-1200 and  VR-2000.
These were mounted in the back.  The machine did not  have the bandwidth for
SMPTE time code so there was a small pre-amp mounted  behind the audio stacks.

The AVR-2 also required an interface.  I do not know about the  AVR-3.

The unit is a reliable editor and was faster than many other ones.   just
did not have a way to store the edit decisions.

Chris Hill
WA8IGN

In a message dated 3/2/2012 10:33:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,