[QuadList] VR-1100 Pics online-

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Thu Mar 1 09:26:09 CST 2012

Hi Chris:

I'm fairly certain that the machine was actually in Fast Forward.  The controls in the original print definitely appear to have been "touched up", and that mode would also account for all of the other discrepancies that have been noted.  Also, having photographed machines many times while operating in various modes, I don't think you could get that look on the reels in play mode no matter how long the exposure.

I suspect you're correct that the left "door" would also have been removed since that is the record driver and is not used with the new signal system.  However, there is more than enough space available to leave it in place to match the appearance of the right side if somebody wanted to do that.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com