[QuadList] OT: Lost tapes - moon landing

Dennis Ray Wingo wingod at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 11:25:34 CDT 2012

When we were doing research on this subject we also found out that the folks in Australia made a copy of the slow scan conversion, before transmittal to the satellite on a VR-1100.

This tape was sent to Johns Hopkins University where it has since disappeared.

We were quite involved in this a couple of years ago, up to and including a trip to Suitland MD and the federal records center.  Nothing.

However, we did find over 200 historic NTSC video tapes from NASA and we are looking for ways (i.e. money) to transfer these tapes to digital.

Dennis Wingo
LOIRP Team Co-lead

Also, just this past week I met Marshall Williams, who worked at Ampex for ten years in the instrumentation division.  He was on the design team for the FR-950 and the AR-550.  I have pictures to show but the list won't let me send them.

I will post on Panarimo and link them later today.