[QuadList] OT: Lost tapes - moon landing

Dennis Ray Wingo wingod at earthlink.net
Thu May 3 11:34:49 CDT 2012

It is my understanding that the fellow's father bought the tape at a surplus sale, along with thousands of other tapes, in the 1970's.

What NASA tried to do is to claim that the government still owned the tape.

The ruling was that the tape was legitimately bought in a surplus sale and whatever the contents are on the tape are the property of the purchaser.

Dennis