[QuadList] Education on the next generation of repair staff...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed May 16 13:26:31 CDT 2012

On May 16, 2012, at 9:20 AM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:

> Education  on the next generation of repair staff...
>
> This  topic had  come up before in prior messages years back...
>
> Any progress on this?
>
> Else wise we will mute oracles in the temple  when they all break  down...
>
> Ed#   www.smecc.org

Some, from various angles.  And it's not just repair staff.  Qualified tape operators are needed, too.

We've had some QuadList members say they're interested in helping train both.

Funding is an issue... and with the federal budget and US politics being what they are, you might have your thumb out for a while before someone stops to offer a ride.

In any case, migrating tape and film is going to be going on for generations of workers before the current piles are converted.