[QuadList] OT- Ikegami ITC 300--Links and lineage

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu May 31 22:40:31 CDT 2012

On May 31, 2012, at 6:52 PM, COURYHOUSE at aol.com wrote:
> What is an itc-300 site:ikegami camera? looks like a large studio camera   huge primitive manual...

The ITC-300 is a three-tube "professional" range (aka "industrial") production camera that utilized the technology incorporated into portable, shoulder mount cameras of the era, but was a tripod-mounted "studio rigged" setup.

ITC was the designator for this range of cameras, while HL was used for broadcast level portables, and HK for broadcast studio cameras.

The -300 is listed here in this Ikegami product index:
http://www.ikegami.com/gen/products_index/i.html

The ITC-300 was replaced by the ITC-350, linked to here:
http://www.ikegami.com/br/products/sdtv/itc350.html

The 350 was replaced by the SC-500, which looked like a smaller-sized studio camera.
http://www.ikegami.com/br/products/sdtv/sc500.html

If I recall correctly, the first full-time NBC affiliate in Chico, CA used SC-500's in the studio and ITC-750 series cameras for field shooting with 3/4".