[QuadList] (ot) SMECC doing section on closed captioning need a wrte up on 1982 CBS Telete

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 19:15:08 CST 2012

SMECC doing section on closed captioning need a wrte up on 1982 CBS
Teletext debacle when they thought of using teletext rather than line 21 and it
brought the Deaf community out in protest. And with reason... who wanted to
buy  2 decoders?

Need the broadcast side of the politics, the engineering and the outcome...
 Full credit given. Please drop me a note offlist if you were involved in
any  fashion or have a good source to refer me to on this. We have a Source
for input  form the Deaf Community... but need the network/station side.

Many Thanks Ed Sharpe Archivist for SMECC _www.smecc.org_
(http://www.smecc.org/)