[QuadList] HS-100 disc

David Crosthwait david at dcvideo.com
Thu Nov 8 08:49:11 CST 2012

Dennis,

Thanks for the Hazard Reeves background. The Wiki says: "Following the war, in 1946, Reeves founded the Reeves Soundcraft Corporation and directed the operation of a number of companies manufacturing a variety of products including recording tape and film, record discs, wire cable, television tubes and cameras and precision recording equipment. Reeves introduced magnetic recording to the film industry in 1948." Looks like they were busy into all sorts of enterprises! Like CBS's Ampex 2" VTR's, might I gather that it was not too much time when the HS 100 came through the door that it went to the machine shop for custom retrofitting?

David Crosthwait
DC Video