[QuadList] HS-200

Tom Evans tom at tom-evans.com
Sat Nov 10 16:29:13 CST 2012

Editel, Chicago had an HS-200 in Edit 1.

When I arrived there in 1977, Edit 1 was equipped with a CDL PEC-120
controlling one AVR-1, two VR-1200Cs and an HS-200.  The HS-200 was powered
up on-demand.

As 1" C-format began to be introduced, and freeze frames were possible with
the Vital Squeezoom and  Ampex ADO, the maintenance costs of the platters
and heads grew to more than the income the HS-200 produced.

Already mentioned, WGN had an HS-200.  I remember Editel's HS-200 crashing
during an edit session, so my client and I hopped in a cab to Bradley Place
where my friend Rich Leigh programmed a slo-mo to a freeze-frame and
recorded it back to quad for us.

--
Tom Evans
Park Ridge, IL