[QuadList] Saturday Quad Matinee feature--KCOP, 13, Los Angeles--1979 Ros...

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Mon Nov 19 18:44:19 CST 2012

I need   shots of the   tav  truck that  went  to nam  for the last bob
hope   go arounds....

help?   Ed#

In a message dated 11/19/2012 6:18:41 A.M. Alaskan Standard Time,
dcfwtx at aol.com writes:

Yes, I never worked for TAV although I knew some who did and have
transferred many of their 2" and 1" product over the years. I visited their  post
facilities in the late seventies initially.

TAV trucks did a lot of shows out of Vegas back then. Before the
Green-Crowe trucks (and others) came on the scene, TAV was everywhere  remote-truck
wise. I bet they had a permanent, reserved parking spot at  Caesar's Palace!

If I am not mistaken, this particular truck that I worked in late
'78-early '79 went on to Dr. Gene Scott's outfit. If it was not this one, it  was
one of the other TAV units of similar vintage.

Here is a better shot of that truck:

The complete set of pictures from that remote can be seen _here._
(https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3793834356794.2138305.1005211240&type=3)

One last bit of trivia: If you look closely at the video, you will  faintly
see the red "record" button lit up along with the "Aud-Vid" green  button
on the Editec panel. For this "behind the scenes" piece, I was hot  assemble
editing on the VR-2000 under Editec control where I had laid the last  cue
tone. I would count down the director (and everyone else on the PL) for  the
next edit. It was fun and it worked out just fine.

Best Regards,

David Crosthwait
DC Video
_david at dcvideo.com_ (mailto:david at dcvideo.com)