[QuadList] Ampex Mark 10 Quadruplex Videotape Rotary Head

Don Norwood dwnorwood at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 7 20:13:54 CDT 2012

Hi Park:

The Mark-X first came out with the Nuvistor preamp for the VR-2000, but as Chris pointed out, the preamp module can be swapped among any of the 3 versions; Trimpot for VR-1000 and VR-1100, Nuvistor for VR-2000, or Transistor for VR-1200.  Several of the refurbishers including Spin Physics modified the preamps to better suit the gain requirements of their particular heads.  That's another reason that this preamp may not be the best match for the head, if in fact it's not a SP refurb.

Don Norwood
Digitrak Communications, Inc.
www.digitrakcom.com