[QuadList] Anyone remember PTP's TVola??

J. Mitch Hopper id at brainmist.com
Mon Apr 15 10:18:43 CDT 2013

I just listed a great historical booklet on eBay (321108231856) by 3M touting the advanced stage of mechanical videotape editing (1961).  Along with a lot of great pix and stories from ABC, NBC, CBS - KTLA to KOA to WCCO, it mentioned a system by Paramount Television Productions called TVola.  There is one pix of a guy sitting in front of 4 monitors that were storage CRTs that could hold a still image for as long as 25 minutes. The text stated that it allowed for single frame accuracy; a precision that was hard to come by in the razor-blade days.   I have never heard of it. Does anyone have any more info about how TVola was supposed to work in operation? FYI - the booklet also describes in great detail how the cue track was used to define edit points manually in the days before electronic splicing, TEP, and Editec!  I would have loved to have been a part of all that but alas... born too late!

J. Mitch Hopper
Custom Video Systems Co.
Rochester, IL
217-498-8438
id at brainmist.com

It's been lovely but I have to scream now.