[QuadList] A little dirt-don't always hurt-If...

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Apr 28 16:05:06 CDT 2013

I had to do do a wash job on a Crosspoint Latch 6112 switcher chassis that got coffee with C&S into it while pulled out of the rack and on.

Worked fine after a trip to the mini-kitchen sink and overnight in the dishdrainer.

I've told the story about reading the 1964-ish BE or BM/E article outlining how NBC New York used to pull gear out of service, remove tubes, etc., give it a good sudsing and a rinse, then dry it in a modified hose dryer.  Put the tubes back in, tweak on the bench and back into service.

I'd like to find that magazine again.

Ted

On Apr 28, 2013, at 12:58 PM, C. Park Seward wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Yes, I know Tektronix did that with their boards.
>
> I had to fix a GVG switcher once when the director spilled orange juice into the M/E board. A little hot water and it was back in action.
>
> Sometimes the simple solution is the best.
>
> Best,
> Park

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com