[QuadList] Libray of Congress Video Collection and Funding.

norman gillaspie norman at transparentvideo.net
Thu Aug 8 13:47:39 CDT 2013

It seems like a company like Google would be in a position to partner some
way with the government They would help host the video library
in exchange for the monies needed to digitize the collection.

This may have been discussed before. I am a new comer to the list. I did get
the chance and a privilege to work on the VR1200, 2000 and ACR-25 machines.

(I keep meaning to make a ring tone out of the ACR-25 video that's online)

Hopefully if someone like Google provided the money they could also describe
the machines and history before it is lost. It is too bad the Ampex document
collection is not online.

I think they 18 billion in their endowment fund. One would think that they
would use this to also further education and the spread of history. It seems
like they are in to make money to get access to the material.

I was picking up a consulting engineer a few years back from Florida and we
drove past Redwood City and he saw the Ampex sign and said Who's Ampex. Now
you know you're getting old. He is involved in Digital Video multiplexing
and Encryption and designing FPGA's and didn't know the history at all.

Keep looking for solution pass the word tell people what you need and would
like to do. Their could be a Rainbow Connection out there to help pull this
through.

Regards Norman Gillaspie