[QuadList] Library of congress and quads--The Merlin Ultrafurb'd VR-2000

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Wed Aug 7 19:09:20 CDT 2013

James O'Neal (who is on the QuadList) wrote a TV Technology article in 2008 as the LoC was beginning operations.

Story: http://www.tvtechnology.com/news/0110/digitizing-history/187665

Photo link: http://www.tvtechnology.com/Portals/4/james3_022112.jpg

As you can see fom the picture below, there's a Merlin Ultrafurbed VR-2000 that QuadList member Ken Zin rebuilt some years earlier when the operation was in Washington DC.

I believe this is the machine seen in the CBS story that aired last week.

QuadList member Allan McConnell was in charge of the Audio Visual Preservation Lab at the time, through September, 2008 when he retired.  He described his career in a QuadList post [QuadList] My Videotape Background on Jan. 6. 2009.

Allan or Ken might be able to offer some insight into this machine.