[QuadList] Library of Congress and quads - the First Hand

C. Park Seward park at videopark.com
Thu Aug 8 16:20:42 CDT 2013

Thanks for the update, James.

Yes, our dysfunctional Congress could make your life much easier. It's too bad they gave you a mission and then not enough money to carry it out. I think some of us are disappointed at your progress, as I am sure you are too. Having over 100k reels to dub with two working machines does not seem a recipe for success.

Perhaps what you need most is a good lobbyist!

"Regardless of the current political climate, the Library's legal requirement is to be, in essence, the 'last one standing' when (not 'if') all other facilities go out of this business.  We cannot depend on commercial entities always being there"

But if you are the last one standing with no budget, what good can be done? The "legal requirement" is toothless without a reasonable budget.

Let's hope Congress makes the right decisions!

Best,
Park

C. Park Seward
Cell: 818-535-2747