[QuadList] more air-related quad stuff

Roger Brett rcbindy at comcast.net
Sun Aug 11 21:51:23 CDT 2013

Yeah, thought so.  That ground braid is a lovely shade of *green*...
Looks like the RCA version has the strap running outside and away from
the vinyl. Better design in this case I guess. Although back in the
'80s, dissolving vinyl wasn't yet on my radar.

Thanks for your contribution of the pictures.  I ran the virtual
slideshow in my mind. ;-)

Speaking of air issues Larry, I see you've masterfully cut out a piece
of foam for a new Ampex "head gasket".  Do you or anyone else on the
list have a source for this thin foam?  Am also looking for slightly
thicker (about 3/16") sound-reducing foam in the head cover which is
also compromised.

Thanks for any clues on this.

Roger Brett