[QuadList] more air-related quad stuff

L.E. Odham leodham at centurylink.net
Mon Aug 12 06:46:47 CDT 2013

Roger,

Those gaskets for the Mark 10/15 in the photo came from Patrick Johnson at Aheadtek.
www.aheadtek.com

Later on, I made a template from 1/8 inch thick flat sheet aluminum to use with a razor knife
to trace the cutout.
I had been getting that material and also the cork for reel turntables at Michaels', a local art & craft retail store.
Anything close to original will work ok, its not that critical. The small vacuum gasket needs to be more dense rubber material, because it will tend to leak if it doesn't fit snugly and compress a little when the head is tightened down against the transport.

I don't seem to have a photo right at the moment on the gasket making, but I did make a reel turntable cork replacement
a couple weeks ago on an AVR 2 using the same template method.
That project is pictured at:
www.facebook.com/quadtapexfer

BTW, I found a good replacement tubing for the Mark 10/15 guide vacuum hose at the local ACE hardware store.

Not sure where to look for the 3/16" foam.

Larry Odham