[QuadList] DVD vs Blu-Ray

Mike mboland at bolandcom.com
Tue Dec 24 10:31:13 CST 2013

Steve,

That's right!  When was it, 60s or early 70s when we switched from cps to Hz?

-mike
Steve White <Steve.White at 800CallNow.com> wrote:James,

Thanks very much for the details.

I'm certain the DVD originated as 16:9 and probably as HD because I've seen a reference to the fact that they were recording for release in both Blu-Ray and DVD.  I saw the show when it aired live on CBS a couple of weeks ago in some flavor of high       definition.

I'm always impressed by the knowledge this group possesses, but suppose this is what you guys do, after all.  I managed to keep an RCA CT-100 alive for several years in the early to mid-60s using components from the same chassis incarnated as a Conrac monitor.  The two cost me $75.00 and provided some serious fun and challenges...not the least of which was moving them from DC to Fitchburg, Mass and then to Charlotte, NC.  Can't believe I didn't find a way to hold on to them.

I suppose I can claim partial credit for my recollections from those days regarding the color subcarrier?  To put a VERY fine point on things, were we using the term hertz/Hz when stating a frequency back then, or did that term work its way into common use sometime later?

Regards,
Steve