[QuadList] DVD vs Blu-Ray

Steve White Steve.White at 800CallNow.com
Mon Dec 23 14:19:15 CST 2013

James,

Thanks very much for the details.

I'm certain the DVD originated as 16:9 and probably as HD because I've
seen a reference to the fact that they were recording for release in
both Blu-Ray and DVD.  I saw the show when it aired live on CBS a couple
of weeks ago in some flavor of high definition.

I'm always impressed by the knowledge this group possesses, but suppose
this is what you guys do, after all.  I managed to keep an RCA CT-100
alive for several years in the early to mid-60s using components from
the same chassis incarnated as a Conrac monitor. The two cost me $75.00
and provided some serious fun and challenges...not the least of which
was moving them from DC to Fitchburg, Mass and then to Charlotte, NC.
Can't believe I didn't find a way to hold on to them.

I suppose I can claim partial credit for my recollections from those
days regarding the color subcarrier?  To put a VERY fine point on
things, were we using the term hertz/Hz when stating a frequency back
then, or did that term work its way into common use sometime later?

Regards,
Steve