[QuadList] Ampex Mark XV head question

chill315 at aol.com chill315 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 19:33:03 CST 2013

First thing is check your air supply.

Is it completely dry?
Do you have a super filter on it to take out any oil or other contaminants?

How is your vacuum?

Next do no play with the screw.  It sets the rotary transformer spacing.  That can create some interesting things.

Questions.

Does this noise continue after tape is stopped with head still spinning?

Have you used the screwdriver to the ear trick to figure out where in the head the noise is generated?

await more information.

Chris Hill