[QuadList] The end of an era December 31, 2012. NBC Burbank Videotape Department.

Dennis Degan DennyD1 at verizon.net
Sun Jan 6 15:00:14 CST 2013

		On Jan 6, 2013, at 12:15 AM, David Crosthwait wrote:

	<NBC VTR RIP.jpeg>

		I say:

	It outlived NBC-NY's tape room by about 8 years.  We had an area on
the 2nd floor called "PVT" ("Production Video Tape", NBC LOVES
acronyms).  There must have been 50 or 60 Beta and MII VTRs (all
kinds) in several long rooms in that area along with 5 linear edit
rooms.  When I first returned to NBC in 2003, that's where I worked.
	Here are two of the PVT rooms, photos shot in 2005:
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/531923457/>
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/531822760/>
	And my old linear edit room, Edit 3:
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/531924273/>
	The VTR machines behind the operator's console:
		<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/656498026/>
	The edit rooms are now reconfigured as HD 'release' studio control
rooms.

					     NBC Today Show, New York