[QuadList] fun questions for you hardware gurus

John Fletcher jfletcher at frontiernet.net
Sun Jan 27 10:30:20 CST 2013

7 tracks on 1/2" tape and 14 tracks on 1" tape are IRIG standards.

I also think those standards -- or at least the 7-track 1/2" version --
pre-date NASA.

I've also seen references to 14 tracks on 1/2" tape, and 28 tracks on
1".  I'm guessing those standards came later.

Plenty of info on this out there on the interweb...

- John