[QuadList] 1966 Brigadoon question--Asking Mrs. Goulet--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Thu Jun 20 18:00:18 CDT 2013

Hi, Harold,

On Jun 20, 2013, at 1:35 PM, trandoc at aol.com wrote:

> The TV remake of Brigadoon starring Robert Goulet and Peter Falk was aired only twice (1966 and 1968). James Brady was nominated for an Emmy Award for tape editing on this show. It was never released on any home format. There are poor quality snippets on You Tube which were recorded on a helical format machine.
>
> My question to the group:   Does anyone know if the master quad tape still exists and if there are any higher quality copies available?
>
> Thanks,
> Harold Deppe

I've asked Mrs. Goulet, who manages her husband's estate and his production company, which produced Brigadoon at CBS Television City studio 33 and on location.

His company also did two other productions for Armstrong Circle Star Theater:  Carousel in 1967 and Kiss Me Kate in '68.

The Goulet production of "Carousel" was most recently screened by the Paley Center on May 18, 2013 at the Bennack Theater in NYC as part of the runup to this year's Tony Awards.

I'll let you know what she says.

Just snagged a look at Brigadoon via The Internet Archive at archive.org which has what appears to be a helical scan to digital version that seems to be an intact air copy with a stop-start glitch just before the end credits.

The cinematic approach to composition and editing certainly impressed right from the start. Considering the equipment needed to shoot and videotape in 1966, the quality and style really make one say "Wow!"

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com