[QuadList] TV Station Engineering Report

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 19 16:26:27 CDT 2013

		On Mar 19, 2013, at 1:42 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:

> The VR 2000 was introduced in 1964, at least a full year ahead of the RCA high-bands. In the case of NBC NY and Burbank, this necessitated the purchase of the VR-2000's to stay competitive production wise. I believe Dennis has mentioned earlier that NBC NY aired to the network in prime time on VR-2000's. Did the General know this?

		I offer:

	NBC-NY had 6 Ampex VR-2000's.  Two were used in an edit room to assemble the soap opera "Another World":
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515356413/>
	The remaining four machines were the main on-air VTR's used for prime-time programming; each pair (Primary & Protection) would alternate throughout the evening's programming.  These four VTR's were equipped with the best playback modules in order to provide the highest quality on-air picture.  Two of these are shown here:
			<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dennisdegan/515355073/>
	I'm pretty sure the General knew all about it.

					NBC Today Show, New York