[QuadList] Johnny Carson clips

Dennis Degan dennyd1 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 17 13:51:53 CST 2013

		On Nov 17, 2013, at 11:01 AM, Ted Langdell wrote:

> I can ask what the Quad was transferred to.
> Whether the clip you saw came from those Quad transfers is another question.

		I offer:

	I don't know what clips were seen, but the Tonight Show was recorded on quad only up to 1981.  That's when the show began stereo audio production, thanks to Ron Estes.  He actually pushed for stereo recording before the network was ready to air the show in stereo.  Stereo MTS broadcasting did not begin until 1984.  The Tonight Show was the first TV program to air in MTS stereo:  http://www.tvtechnology.com/opinions/0087/remembering-tv-stereo-pioneer-ron-estes/183149

					    NBC Today Show, New York