[QuadList] JFK Footage threads--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Fri Nov 22 03:10:08 CST 2013

Hi, David,

On Nov 21, 2013, at 6:56 PM, David Crosthwait wrote:

> Gee Ted. Looks like you forgot another AMIA thread regarding JFK footage.

No.

But perhaps my intent in posting the original messsage in JFK--Footage from Texas and Alaska archives online-- wasn't as clear as I'd thought... to bring to light some relevant material people could view on-line, and that might not be some of the content we've seen often.

I did say "If you have links to footage your facility or archive has worked with, please post."

Links to JFK footage DC video has worked on would be welcome, as would context, such as specific, matter of fact commentary about what was involved in recovering the content and challenges overcome (or none to overcome and info about why.)

Re:
> Below is most of one thread titled: JFK footage on CNN program

"JFK footage on CNN program--Link to AMIA-L thread" would have been one appropriate subject line for your post, since the subject did change.

Simply posting a link to the item as found on the AMIA-L archive would have been preferable, if posted at all. I can't help but wonder how many readers reacted to the content as if much of it was a commercial. Or several.

Maybe I've become a bit sensitized because that's been happening on the AMIA List of late, and that's not the purpose of either it or the QuadList.

The QuadList list is pretty open to a variety of loosely related topics and some degree of "tooting your own horn," but it also depends on horn-tooters to exercise a good deal of restraint when tooting.

Hope this is helpful moving forward.

Cheers from San Jose after an interesting Quad Dinner.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com