[QuadList] Hitachi HR-210 and TR-600--

Ted Langdell ted at quadvideotapegroup.com
Sun Oct 13 19:06:57 CDT 2013

Hi, Fred,

Del said he was going to join yesterday.  He is still in Charlotte, editing.  Was with the PBS member station for a long time.

Are you perchance working on a TR-600 at the A of G archive in Springfield?

I may be able to arrange some help with the Hitachi HR-210.

Richard Melton with Hitachi Service in Huntsville, Alabama is on the list, and is also on the OldVTRs list on Yahoo. Google OldVTRs and join.  Moderator Matt Patoray reviews and then approves.

My colleague Ken Zin worked on a lot of HR-210's at Merlin Engineering Works to turn them into X-ray recorders, and made 3-hour kits for them, quite a few for Disney Channel.

He says they're electrically the same as an Ampex VPR-2B, so that might help. They used fewer, but larger boards.

Ken may have some HR-210 manuals.  He'll check storage at some point.

Let me know if you need consulting services with Ken or heads.  We're collaborating on Zin! VTRWorks, and I rep VideoMagnetics.

Skype: 	TedLangdell
e-mail:	ted at quadvideotapegroup.com