[QuadList] anyone have one of these colorizers!?

Gary Adams garyaadams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 07:34:07 CDT 2013

We used one of these at KOLN in Lincoln.  Originally It was a separate frame
but was integrated with the mixing electronics.  Here is a poor photo of the
mixing electronics and switcher rack.  We only used the colorizer as a color
background generator but if you fed video into the unit, you could get more
or less a different color at different luminance levels.  I don't think I
saw us use it other than playing around.

L101689 KOLN-TV <http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0095009/gp/gary_adams/e56nqW>
Switcher Rack

The Riker modules in the three chassis were actually copied by the
Engineers.  Some modules were bought and others were hand made from the
schematics.  I wish I would have kept the schematics because a single module
was drawn on one sheet of paper about 20 feet long.  Giant transistors.  I
had a Riker sync generator at home but didn't keep any of it.

Gary