[QuadList] anyone have one of these colorizers!?

Gary Adams garyaadams at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 17:40:44 CDT 2013

Hi Scott.  Thanks for this.  It is a bit better.  I am really embarrassed
the photo is so bad. It was in the early 70s and I didn't think to set up a
proper photo even after all the work I had done.  The silver EMI chassis
were the actual bus switching and some of the internal DA amplifiers for the
switcher.  The Blue Riker chassis have the actual mixing, keying, and wipe
circuits for the switcher.  We had sort of the equivalent of 2 ME's, one
feeding the other.  This was the only switcher at the time and the On Air
switching had a cuts only section of the same electronics, however, PGM 1
and 2 could be put on the air or for production by the cuts switcher.  One
person did both on air and production switching which was mostly easy with
occasional double duty.  The Blue Riker section actually replaced two large
tube chassis, one was the mixer for dissolves and the other had the
oscillators for wipes.  I designed the changeover to solid state (what a
leap in technology) which produced a much cleaner dissolve.  It was great
fun and learned lots especially cutting cables down to the inch to make the
color right.  I wish I had kept something of that era but I moved on to
other things that I wish I had kept.

Gary