[QuadList] Project Jenny - Flying Quads

J. Mitch Hopper brainmist at brainmist.com
Wed Sep 11 15:28:56 CDT 2013

}Those are the same planes used for MPATI - Midwest Program for
Airborne Television.
 I started in the quad world with the State of Illinois and TR-70s
producing or duplicating some of the educational classroom television
programs that were shipped to Indianapolis where our fleet was
stationed.  Hard to see the long UHF antenna boom that dropped from
the belly of the plane.  They flew long figure-eight paths over
Illinois and Indiana.  Don't know if the military or MPATI was first.
I vaguely remember special operations that were necessary if the boom
failed to retract before landing. They involved a sledge hammer and
hinge-pins!
 The planes I knew all had TR-4s and (I think) TR-60 - though the
video shows what is probably a TR-22-HB.  My laptop video isn't too
clear.
 I'll take my comfy VTR room and an 8-5 shift any day!
 Sent from my remote device.
 J. Mitch Hopper
 Custom Video Systems
 id at brainmist.com
 On Tue 10/09/13 21:37 , "C. Park Seward" park at videopark.com sent:
 I got this link from a Vietnam buddy showing flying Quad VTRs,
broadcasting to the troops from 10,000 feet. You get shot less if your
VTR is flying!
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia2DsKOWL4M&feature=player_detailpage
 Best,
 Park