[QuadList] Shadinq

TQ tony at tqvideo.co.uk
Sat Sep 28 15:05:48 CDT 2013

> On 28 September 2013 at 21:21 Shai Drori <srdbx at netvision.net.il> wrote:
>

> Can someone explain "Shading"? I probably know the Hebrew version of the
> job but can't make the connection.

I can't be 100% sure exactly what they do in the US, but in the UK, we
call the same role "racks" which entails controlling the exposure and
colour balance of a number of cameras.

Presumably the US term derives from the requirement to correct for
shading errors on early types of camera tube, in the UK the name derives
from the racks of equipment at which the engineers sat to achieve the
same ends. A short history of the early days of AP and the etymology of
the term can be found in this article by a former colleague, who was
fairly close to retiring when I was 21 or 22

http://www.apts.org.uk/coalston.htm

--
TQ via webmail