[QuadList] Shadinq

Tim Stoffel tim at lionlamb.us
Sun Sep 29 03:56:08 CDT 2013

We had it all this evening!

The game started at 5 PM, when we were experiencing alternating sun and
overcast. The stadium was never designed for evening TV, so it sits the
wrong way. In any case, the first quarter was really bright sun and
harsh shadows, with play moving through the borderline frequently.

The second quarter featured more periods of overcast, a few of them
fairly deep. there was a last blast of sun a few minutes before
halftime. In addition to this, the color temperature of the sky started
to give way to the stadium lights, and we started 'painting down' to the
color temperature of the lights just before halftime.

The second half was much smoother, with some hand-painting of the
cameras to get them to match under the new light.

The V1 (Rich Smith) and I both commented that it has been a long time
since either of shaded a football game that was quite this challenging.

To top it off, it was quite a good game, with Nevada beating Air Force
45-42!

Tim Stoffel